I have worked to promote growth of local businesses and increase the number of new jobs in the County, while adhering to adopted planning principles and the citizen-generated Comprehensive Plan.
- Supported the development and adoption of Project ENABLE, a Strategic planning process that details how the County will foster smart economic development by first supporting expansion of local businesses;
- Collaborated with Crozet citizens and the Downtown Crozet Initiative (DCI) to encourage public-private partnerships to redevelop the Barnes Lumber site. Perrone Robotics, the first business on site, is a great example of an innovative business providing jobs in Crozet;
- Advocated for client-focused services in training and job placement at our Workforce Center and PVCC through my positions on the State Board for Workforce Development and the local Workforce Council;
- Enabled solutions for business owners by connecting them with County and VDOT staff to solve project issues;
- Championed the development of the first-in-Virginia Monticello Artisan Trail, which has promoted more than 100 artisan and agri-artisan sites in Albemarle and Nelson, enhancing tourism and rural small business success.